You can use our wipe data feature. This feature is available only for 90 days after you created your account.
1. Click on "How Do I?" button on homepage (or on any page)
2. A new window will open. Click on "Index..." button.
3. Again a new window will open. Type "wipe" in the textbox.
4. You should get "Wiping data", click on "Click to show topic" button.
5. You will get a link on the previous window saying "Please read this first". Click on it.
6. A new page will load in your main window. Follow the steps
7. If you get any alert msg saying your company is more than 90 days old, then you need to contact support to make this feature available to you.
People come to QuickBooks Online Community for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.